Our health advisories have the latest information.
Providers must contact YHD when: Reporting confirmed cases of COVID-19 or requesting testing at the WA DOH PHL If testing at a commercial lab, YHD does not need to be notified. YHD Contact Procedures: During business hours (8:30AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday) call YHD Communicable Disease Line at 509-575-4040, option 2. Outside of business hours leave a message at 509-249-6541. YHD staff will triage the next business day.
Follow DOH’s updated testing criteria.
- Most patients with confirmed COVID-19 have developed fever and/or symptoms of acute respiratory illness (e.g., cough, difficulty breathing).
- Consider close contact with known cases and travel to affected geographic regions.
- Test for other causes of respiratory illness, including infections like influenza.
Healthcare systems—including hospitals and long-term care facilities—should consider implementing visitor restrictions, health screening and restricting children in high-risk areas.
Work with your healthcare system to send COVID-19 specimens to UW Virology Lab. See UW Virology Lab’s website for more information.
Work with public health to send specimens to Washington Public Health Lab for:
- Healthcare workers.
- Patients in public safety occupations (e.g., law enforcement, firefighter, EMS).
- Patients involved in an illness cluster in a facility or group (e.g, healthcare, school, corrections, business).
- Patients without health insurance.
Follow Washington Public Health Lab’s instructions for collecting, labeling and transporting specimens.
- For symptoms—What to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and have not been around a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
- For exposed—What to do if you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19.
- For confirmed or suspected—What to do if you have confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
For more general information, visit our website – https://www.yakimacounty.us/2323/Human-Coronavirus