Our health advisories have the latest information.
Providers must contact YHD when: Reporting confirmed cases of COVID-19 or requesting testing at the WA DOH PHL If testing at a commercial lab, YHD does not need to be notified. YHD Contact Procedures: During business hours (8:30AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday) call YHD Communicable Disease Line at 509-575-4040, option 2. Outside of business hours leave a message at 509-249-6541. YHD staff will triage the next business day.
Closely monitor health advisories for updated guidance, situational awareness and resources for providers and patients.
People with COVID-19 have reported a wide range of symptoms, from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. They may include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste or smell.
Follow DOH’s updated testing criteria.
Personal protective equipment
- PPE for healthcare personnel and for patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19—DOH.
- PPE when caring for patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19—CDC.
- How to conserve PPE and what to use when supplies are low.
- Video instructions for donning and doffing PPE—Providence.
- Return-to-work guidance for healthcare workers—DOH.
- Interim guidance for long-term care facilities—admitting a resident with COVID-19 from a hospital—DOH.
- For symptoms—What to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and have not been around a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
- For exposed—What to do if you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19.
- For confirmed or suspected—What to do if you have confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
For more general information, visit our website – https://www.yakimacounty.us/2323/Human-Coronavirus